As a software tester, you’ll play an important role in the development of new IT programs. Once a project reaches a certain stage of development, it’s your role to ensure it works exactly as it should. This role will give you the opportunity to work within a particular industry that interests you, as computer programs are an integral part of many businesses, including automotive, gaming and consumer electronics.
Whilst working as a software tester, it’s important for you to provide tactful, insightful feedback to maintain a good working relationship with other members of the design team. Additionally, employers will be looking for the following qualities:
- A good understanding of the software development process and of the business
- Good writing skills (for documenting the process)
- Good communications and consultancy skills
- Good presentation skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
As there aren’t many courses that focus specifically on software testing, the best way to become a software tester is to gain a level of software development experience. This can either from straight from university or from a previous job or with our awesome trainings. Our clients will expect you to have excellent technical knowledge of as many programming languages and platforms as possible, and to have a good understanding of the software testing lifecycle.
The training you need will depend on the technical products you are testing, and where you want to take your career in the future.
- A Software Tester is responsible for designing testing scenarios for usability testing.
- He is responsible for conducting the testing, thereafter analyze the results and then submit his observations to the development team.
- He may have to interact with the clients to better understand the product requirements or in case the design requires any kind of modifications.
- Software Testers are often responsible for creating test-product documentation and also has to participate in testing related walk through.
- Creation of test designs, test processes, test cases and test data.
- Carry out testing as per the defined procedures.
- Participate in walkthroughs of testing procedures.
- Prepare all reports related to software testing carried out.
- Ensure that all tested related work is carried out as per the defined standards and procedures.